Tuesday 2 July 2024

Hello Again

 Dearest Ophelia,


It’s been a while! 8 1/2 years in fact and things have changed so much (which I know you know…).


It’s 5 days until your birthday and it’s a big one, 10! You would be 10! How have I lived 10 years without you? How have I survived missing you for 3648 days straight? I know I am different now and I am able to manage my grief but this one is more poignant. Turning 10 is such a moment in life and one I can vividly remember myself, it breaks me that you won’t get that moment, or any other’s! 


We will celebrate it though, our family of 7 and friends new and old who are coming to celebrate your day. There will be pizza, and cake, balloons and ice cream and probably a cringe from you up in the clouds as I sing my big girl Happy Birthday! How I wish you were here to see it…


It is unfathomably unfair. 


I want you to know we are happy though, we have a good life and you are part of our everyday and that will never change! 


So I leave you with your birthday gift, my dream of you…


I had a dream of you one day, in sunglasses and a hat

Your toes were sandy, your hair was wet but your eyes were wide and bright 

I had a dream of you one day, with a raincoat and umbrella 

Your socks were soggy, your nose was cold but your eyes were wide and bright

I had a dream of you one day, wrapped up in a big red scarf

Your cheeks were rosy, your body shivered but your eyes were wide and bright 

I had a dream of you one day, all dressed up like bunny

Your dress was stained, your hands were sticky but your eyes were wide and bright 

I had a dream of you one day, in sunglasses and a hat

I had a dream of you one day

I had a dream of you


I love you forever! 


Love eternal,


Mummy xxx

10 comments:

  1. 😍 Hits home my love xx
    Celebrate Ophelia and celebrate the rest of you and your happiness and love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Sending love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl Bloomfield2 July 2024 at 15:33

    What a lovely poem Sarah. Ophelia is shining down on you, admiring your strength and love. You’re one in a million xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words for Ophelia, happy 10th birthday darling girl x sarah I'm so proud of you x

    Ali

    ReplyDelete